Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Trifecta...Hold My Drink While I Try This...

Lately, I've been exploring some of the various online writing prompts out there. Not for ideas, but for a spur to get things done, to actually write. My goal is to write each and every day. Doesn't matter if it's one word or a thousand. some of this will go out onto the blog(s), but hopefully, more of it will be making its way to other venues.

In the course of my online travels, I discovered a site called Trifecta, and they host a writing challenge that sounded intriguing. I'm not sure that I'll join-in every time, but I'm going to check it out every Monday and see if I can come up with something using Write or Die to hit the right word count. This challenge and that software seem to have been made for one another.

As part of getting into the swing of this particular challenge, I'm supposed to cut-and-paste some questions to the blog here and answer them, then link it over to their site. I hate questionnaires. But here goes.



What is your name (real or otherwise)?
Garrisonjames.

Describe your writing style in three words.
Constantly evolving.

How long have you been writing online?
Long enough.

Which, if any, other writing challenges do you participate in?
I'm in the process of trying a few out. We'll see which ones stick. I like Friday Flash and I'm doing my own challenge of sorts with Bujilli every Thursday at Hereticwerks.

Describe one way in which you could improve your writing.
Write more. Get more things done and out there.

What is the best writing advice you’ve ever been given?
Go write. Keep writing. Write some more. Words stuck in your head or confined to a notebook are useless. No one gives a shit about your precious stillborn brain-fossils. Writing is about communication. Put it out there or walk away.

Who is your favorite author?
Anyone who gets things done and out there.

How do you make time to write?
I write most days that I'm still breathing.

Give us one word we should consider using as a prompt.
Remember--it must have a third definition.
Outrageous. Or how about Abstract? Or Spurious? I've always liked 'spurious,' as a word, never as a house-guest, of course. Seemed like it was appropriate to suggest three words, this being Trifecta and all...

Direct us to one blog post of yours that we shouldn't miss reading. 
I'm kind of partial to Bleak Prospects. But that's mostly because of the stories that hinge off of it. You're more than welcome to browse through the blog for yourself. I'm hardly the best person to pick any one story of mine over another. I tend to delete the ones I dislike.


No comments:

Post a Comment